Domestic 4 Stage Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System With Fluoride Removal (50 GPD)
Reverse Osmosis is a technology that is used to remove the large majority (98%+) of contaminants from water. The Reverse Osmosis system works by pushing the water under pressure through a number of increasingly smaller filters and finally through a semipermeable membrane, essentially trapping all contaminants.
Finerfilters are here to support you before and long after you buy. We provide help through manuals, easy install guides, diagrams, phone & email support.
This system produces up to 190 litres per day of purified water and comes complete with:
– A 3 US gallon pressurised storage tank holding 6.5 litres of RO filtered water.
– Installation Manual.
– Chrome Faucet Tap.
– All pipes, pre-filters, post filters, and fittings required for easy Installation.
The membrane can last between 1 and 2 years dependent on water hardness. Filters to be replaced every six months.
– This system requires a minimum of 45 PSI (3 BAR) to work.
– Ideal pressure depends upon incoming water temperature but around 60 PSI (4 BAR) is acceptable.
– If you have lower pressure you will likely require a booster pump or pumped RO system which can found here;
Reverse Osmosis Systems waste water to make water, and this should be done at a high pressure as the water is being forced through microscopic holes which catches contaminants.
This is normal and the same with all RO systems as this is the way the membrane rejects the impure water, which goes to the drain, to produce the pure water.
The system works optimally at 80-90 PSI (5.5 – 6 bar), and to get to the quoted output, we’d recommend running the system on or around this pressure.
This allows the system to reduce the waste water to pure water ratio and work quicker at producing pure water.
As many people won’t have this mains pressure; pumped RO Systems or booster pumps can be purchased from us and added to the system which will increase the pressure output (a minimum of 29 PSI (2 bar) is required to operate the booster pump).